Kenwood is a British company that has been manufacturing kitchen appliances since 1947. Kenwood has an array of kitchen appliances on the market, such as blenders, mixers, food processors, grills, slow cookers, refrigerators, and so much more.
Kenwood has a limited selection of fridges. They have small fridges that can easily fit under the counter, and they have tall, regular-sized fridges. Their cheapest fridge costs $200 for a small one while the most expensive one costs roughly $950.
Based on customer reviews and how inexpensive Kenwood fridges are, they may be worth it.
Here is Why Kenwood Fridges Are Worth it:
Based on consumers reviews, Kenwood fridges have a pretty good rating regarding their size, storage capacity, and functionality. They are also considered reliable and of high quality. Given its competitive price, Kenwood fridges are considered “worth it” for the cost.
How Reliable are Kenwood Fridges?
As can be read on consumer surveys, Kenwood fridges have a rating of 8 to 9 out of 10 for different models.
The Kenwood fridge with the lowest rating is the Integrated Fridge Freezer, with a rating of 8.2 out of 10 with 669 reviews – which is a pretty good rating.
According to one website, Kenwood is the top-rated brand for fridges suitable for fridges. Their huge storage capacity makes them ideal for families, letting big families store a lot.
With all these consumer ratings and reviews, you can conclude that Kenwood fridges are very reliable.
What is the General Opinion on Kenwood Fridges?
While Kenwood fridges are not as popular compared to other brands, they have really good reviews. They have a few models, but they fare well in consumer ratings and reviews.
Here are the features of Kenwood fridges:
- Excellent Storage Capacity – Kenwood fridges, specifically the American Style model, has a really big storage capacity with lots of shelves and dividers that let you stay organized. It has multiple crisper drawers with a clear glass front, and it can hold a lot of items on the doors. Even the freezer is spacious.
- LED Touch Controls – This feature lets you easily check and adjust the temperature inside the fridge, so you do not need to fiddle around anymore with dials and buttons. Just set the temperature and get on with your day.
- Frost Free Technology has this feature that lets the fridge freezer automatically defrost.
- Multi-Cooling System – This technology allows you to easily control the temperature in the different compartments of your fridge and have it the same temperature everywhere, which helps keep your food items fresh for a long time.
- Super Cool Technology – This feature rapidly lowers the temperature inside the freezer. This feature also regulates the airflow inside the fridge.
- Super Freeze Technology – This feature rapidly lowers the temperature inside the freezer. The freezer stays cool for up to 8 hours in a power outage to keep your food fresh.
- Holiday Mode – Kenwood fridges have this feature to empty the refrigerator before a holiday to save energy. It does not change the temperature but rather maintains the empty fridge’s internal temperature to prevent the formation of unpleasant odor and mold.
- Built-In Water Dispenser – The American Style Kenwood fridge has a water dispenser with no plumbing required, so you can always have readily chilled water throughout the day.
- LED Lighting – The LED lighting allows contents to be seen clearly at any time of day, in every nook and cranny of the fridge.
- Safety Features – Kenwood fridges also have safety features like the child lock. It also has a warning sound whenever the fridge door is left open.
Apart from these features, Kenwood users have also mentioned that they like the sleek and modern design of the Kenwood fridges.
Another bonus is that Kenwood fridges are known to have low noise emissions. It means that they are quieter than other fridges, which is not a major letdown, but it does help have a quiet fridge, especially in houses with an open floor plan.
Are the Kenwood Fridges Worth the Price?
The most expensive model of Kenwood fridges is the American Style Fridge Freezer, which retails at around $950.
Other major refrigerator brands retail for $1,000 to $1,500, and the high-end ones are priced at over $2,000.
Because of their affordability and modern features, they are considered worth the price.
Are Kenwood Fridges as Good as Other Major Brands?
Kenwood fridges are packed with features and have good functionality to many consumer reviews.
Even with their lower pricing, they are as good as other major brands like Frigidaire, Kitchen Aid, and Hisense. They carry the same features that other brands have but lower cost.
They might not have the other high-technology features that Samsung and LG fridges have, but Kenwood fridges are really good for their price.
Have There Been Any Major Recalls on Kenwood Fridges?
The common issues in Kenwood fridges are normally related to the freezer, such as the alarm going off randomly or the freezer not working.
Kenwood has had some major recalls with its blenders and mixers. However, there have not been any major recalls on Kenwood fridges to date with regards to available data.
How Long Do Kenwood Fridges Last?
Kenwood fridges have a life expectancy of up to 14 years, which is the average as most major brands of fridges have a life expectancy of somewhere between 14 to 17 years.
The only fridges with a longer life expectancy than the average are LG.
Their fridges have a life expectancy of up to 20 years, which means that Kenwood fridges are durable enough and have good longevity, even though they are more affordable than other refrigerators.
Can Kenwood Fridges be Fixed Easily?
Kenwood fridges require very low maintenance because of their automatic defrosting feature. However, like any appliance brand, some issues may arise in Kenwood fridges.
The most common issues with Kenwood fridges have something to do with the freezer. It can be that the freezer alarm randomly goes off. Sometimes the fridge freezer is noisy. There were times when the freezer did not work at all.
Kenwood provides a basic troubleshooting guide for common issues to resolve them easily. Other issues may require a technician. You have to know the error codes to identify the problem right away, and the technician can fix it quickly.
Kenwood fridges have a one-year manufacturer’s warranty that starts from the date of purchase.
Kenwood will cover all repairs, including labor and parts, as long as the fridge is being used as prescribed. Outside of the warranty, it would cost $200 to $350 to repair Kenwood fridges, depending on the fault.
Depending on the severity, a technician can easily fix issues with the power supply, fuses, sockets, door seals, fan, motor, or compressor. Anything that does not involve the mainboard.
Some issues with the mainboard may cost a lot that it would be best to buy a brand new fridge.
With all the features that Kenwood fridges have and their affordable price, it is no surprise that they have high ratings and reviews from consumers. They are especially recommended for big families because of their good storage capacity and other great features.
In terms of functionality and practicality, Kenwood fridges are worth it.
KENWOOD KSBSDB19 AmericanStyle Fridge Freezer Black
Best Kenwood Fridge Freezer Reviews and Deals